Sunday 6 October 2013

[Oct'13] FNwF check-in

Friday began late - I just can't seem to get past this lethargy that keeps hanging around, especially during the day ... and, on the flipside, as soon as the sun goes down I seem to have an inability to get myself to bed, despite being dog-tired!! If I could sleep 12 hours a day or more without feeling guilty, I would ...

Anywhoo ...

Friday afternoon was spent doing more organising of my fabric & craft organising.  I was lucky enough to win some vouchers for Bunnings a few months back, and earlier in the week I went to purchase a large cupboard to help me store and organise my sewing accoutrements.  It's been fun going through my things, but also frustrating - as much as I have, there is so much I feel like I need to get it just right *wink* ... I still have quite a bit to go through and organise, so I'll show pics once I've got it done :)

Late Friday evening I got started on my sewing project for the evening.  The "Buttercup Bag", designed by Made-by-Rae designs.
We had a birthday party to go to on Saturday for one of the little girls in Miss 5's class and so we went to Spotlight and these were the fabrics & buttons she chose.  Such a good combination if I do say so myself *grin*.  We've also picked out some fabrics for a bag for her - another fabulous combination I'll show later in the week once it's been put together.

I totally recommend this pattern for anyone interested in making themselves, or someone else, a nice little bag.  It was easy to follow, the pattern pieces were simple, and I can totally see myself making quite a few more of these - both for myself and as gifts for others.

Once again, it was wonderful knowing there were other like-minded sewers around the country and globe, all sewing 'together'!  And thankyou to Cheryll for once again hosting this fabulous monthly get-together!!  I may not report in every month/fortnight/week, but I do enjoy knowing there are others out there just as enamoured with needle and thread as I am!! 

Enjoy a quilty kinda week!! xx

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Larissa!
Always great to sew with others, even in cyberspace :)
Hope you feel better soon. Fatigue can be so debilitating.
Keep creating.

Cheryll said...

That's a very "pretty" bag for a Miss. Well done! Thanks for your company at FNwF...whenever you make it! :)

Anonymous said...

just so gorgeous larissa,well done to little miss she did well choosing the fabric and buttons.xx

Maddy said...

Pretty bag, great fabric & button choice.

Deb R said...

A cute bag!!!

Fiona said...

such a pretty bag....
Hugz

Maria said...

Beautiful bag for a young Miss.

Anthea said...

Great bag there Larissa - and the young lady will love it I'm sure.
Good on you for getting your sewing/craft stuff organised, it can be such a big job, but when it's done well, makes it all so much easier & more enjoyable to use the space. I did my Space a couple of months ago, & it still makes me smile when I go in there - keep going with it x

Josie said...

Gorgeous little bag Larissa. It' going to be a favourite for sure. Well done for organising your 'stuff' you would like to do mine would you? ;o)
Hope you are going to see the Dr about that fatigue.....

debbie said...

What a sweet bag! Love the fabrics and it looks like a nice size too.
xx debbie

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Such a cute purse and pretty print.

Pinnylea Creations said...

Looks great Larissa. The bag is beautiful - my DD would love this so I may have to follow your advice and get a pattern.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...