Thursday 19 September 2013

F.R.I.E.N.D.S. swap

** Apologies!!  I thought I'd scheduled this to go out last week ... seems I scheduled the wrong week - oops!!!

I was lucky enough to not only get to participate in Khris' F.R.I.E.N.D.S. swap, but also to swap with the lovely Melody of The House on the Side of the Hill - a blog I've enjoyed following for the last couple of years.
From Melody, I received these lovelies ...

F is for floral fat quarter, flower bag, floral motifs and a flower brooch ... R is for red fabric, red ribbon, red threads and a raffle ticket ... I is for Illumination (a candle holder) and and iron cord holder ...
E is for edible so eat me right now ... N is for napkins ... D is for doilys and do you want to sew me? ... and S is for something to cook and something to wear while you are cooking (an apron).
In the spotty parcel, Melody also included a few little gifties for my darling little miss ... an apron like Mummy's, a cute dog fold up bag, a fancy pencil and something to eat (caramello koalas).
Thankyou, once again, Melody!  We love it all!!

And the items I sent Melody ...

F is for Fabric (charm pack) ... R is for Red (ribbon, thread & buttons) ... I is for Insulated Pot Holders (double friendship block in Bake Sale by Lori Holt fabric) ... D is for Delicious (yes, I got the images mixed up, lol ... Malteasers & Madame Flavour tea) ...
E is for "Emergency" Portable First-Aid Kit ... incidentally, Melody shared the link for this pattern about a week after I'd decided I would make it for her, lol!
N is for Needlecase and needles ...
And S is for Sewing case, smelly soap and a vintage tin with guitermann thread to sew with:)
That's two 'Some Kind of Wonderful' sewing bag and needlebook sets I've made for others ... should really make one of my own, lol!
I was glad to hear that Melody liked all these goodies - trolling through her blog was fun!  It allowed me to get to know her a bit better and figure out that pretty much anything I like, she will too :)  Perfect match! ... Sooo looking forward to when we will (hopefully) get to meet in March at next year's Lets Get Stitched gathering in Melbourne!!!

... So sorry I haven't posted for so long!! I will try to update again soon as I have a few more 'B.F.F.' BOM blocks finished and another SKoW block & row done!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely gifts sent and received.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

So much loveliness x

Khris said...

ohh yes I love it all...you both did so well girls...well done..hugs Khris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...