Saturday 20 July 2013

Friday Sewing (FNSI June'13)

We've had a few rough weeks here, with sickness (Miss L ended up in the hospital with dehydration & gastro on Thursday evening) & Poppa's (my Dad's Dad) entering into those pearly gates of heaven last night (after battling skin cancer that had spread through his whole body within weeks), so unfortunately my latest swap item has been a bit late in getting finished ... thus I spent most of yesterday afternoon, evening, and some of the morning working on getting it done and ready to be sent in its express post bag on Monday.

Although I can't show you specifics (lol, you never know who's watching *wink*) ... I did spend a few hours doing a little piecing ...

... followed by some sandwiching ...

... quilting ...

... and then some binding ...
I much prefer to hand-sew my binding down than doing it by machine
... possibly coz I have never been able to it via the latter method :) 
So, now to go do a little more sewing before I can go and wrap these up to send.  SOOO grateful for express bags!!!  They may not arrive the next day when coming from, or to, the NT, but they should almost always arrive by the next day!!!

10 comments:

Susan said...

Sympathies to you on the passing of your Poppa, Larissa. Sometimes its nice to have a sewing distraction...

debbie said...

Hugs to you on the passing of your Poppa. Your stitching is lovely and I hope it is good therapy for you as I like to think it is for me! xx Debbie

Fiona said...

sorry to hear of your sadness... big hugz...
beatiful fabrics...looking forward to seeing what you made...
xx
Hugz

Bev C said...

Hello Larissa,

Glad you were able to get some sewing done after your bad start to the week.
Many happy memories of your Pop.

Happy days.
Bev.

Chookyblue...... said...

hope you daughter is feeling much better now.........sorry to hear about your Pop.........cancer is so cruel.........

Anonymous said...

lovely sneak peek Larissa and so glad your daughter is better now and i am so sorry about your pop,take care.xx

Dawn said...

Oh sorry to hear about your Pop, give my condolonces to your family....glad miss L is on the mend x x

Joy McD said...

Sorry about your Pop, glad you got some stitching done... love those express post bags.. blessings.. xxx

Anthea said...

You have had a lot going on lately Larissa - my love to you for your Pop, how sad.
Your sewing looks gorgeous, and.... Christmassy?!

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

So sorry for your loss Larissa. I'm also sorry for not visiting for so long. I don't know how you have fallen out of my blog reader but you can rest assured that you are back in it now. Take care, hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...