Friday 26 July 2013

Christmas in July 2013

I think I've realised why I don't post very often ... when I get on here to do so, I inevitably see someone else's post tidbit and have to go follow the link to read all about their loveliness ... that has certainly been the case over the last two days!!!  I was planning to post about my Christmas in July items, both received and sent, yesterday ... and I caught someone's post ... then again, now, I've been sitting on Blogger for the last 2 hours just browsing through, reading loads of posts, both CIJ related and not *giggle* ... Just post already L!!!
Swap Mama Cheryll
So, Tuesday afternoon, when I picked up my parcel from the post office, to say my interest was piqued - what the heck might be in this tiny parcel?!! ... I was a good girl & placed it on the top shelf of one of my bookshelves to keep my curiosity curtailed ... and on Thursday morning, once the little one had left for school with her grandparents (they work at her school so it is often easier for them to just take her in some mornings), I went and pulled it out to open ... and open ... and open ...

... I wonder if she knew of my status as a 'sneak'?!! (my poor partner Anthea didn't find out her items were from me until after asking Cheryll ... oops!) *giggle* ... FIVE layers of packaging, you can just imagine what what going through my head, lol!

As soon as I opened the last layer though, I could barely speak for the gorgeousness in my little parcel!! Six precious 'Danish' seed bead ornaments ...
Each one more gorgeous and delicate than the next!  To say I am in awe of Simone's talent would be an understatement!! I am in LUV!!!!

If I had to choose a favourite, it would have to be that delicate angel - stunning!!  But to be honest, they are all so precious!! They will definitely be going away in my glory box, only to poke their heads out for the Christmas tree each year ... too special to risk anything happening to them, especially with small fingers who are just as transfixed by their beauty, lol! ... Can you tell how much I love these?!  *wink*

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
So, if you've been by Anthea of Hibiscus Stitches' blog, you will already have seen the items I sent to her.  Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, although I had thankfully gotten all the stitcheries done by the end of last week, I ended up finishing them all over the course of last weekend ... nothing like getting things done last minute!  Thankfully Australia Post was feeling helpful and my Express Post bag arrived Wednesday afternoon, ready for opening on Thursday.  Yay!!

First up was the lovely 'Among the Holly' table runner, designed by the lovely Gail Pan.
H is for Holly
This was my FNSI project from last week, lol! *wink*
Then I got the GO! baby out ... despite winning this from a giveaway Dawn was giving end of 2011, I admittedly haven't pulled it out until then (and only to use a die that I purchased second-hand from Joy!) ... and cut out 24  1" hexi's.
It took me most of Sunday to sew these all together, EPP-style, to get a long thin panel of hexagons all sewn together ...
After a little more piecing, sewing, quilting, more sewing, a little teasing, and then some more sewing, lol, it was soon past 3am and I had this little beauty from Natalie Bird's 'Tis the Season' pattern book ...
S is for Star ... I is for Inspirational words
A bright green lining as I knew she dislikes dark ones, lol!
Monday morning I was thankful that I had left the easiest items to then ... two potholders with another two darling little 'Tis the Season' stitcheries ... turns out, the three TTS stitcheries were the three Anthea had used in HER Christmas in July parcel!!  Great minds, eh Anthea?!!! 
M is for mouse ... H is for holly ... S is for Star
I threw myself off a tad when I realised that I'd cut down the stitcheries to 4 6/8" squares!  Thankfully I found a darling little tutorial explaining how to calculate how much fabric you need to make the flying geese, using a fabulous new-to-me technique HERE (I used the first technique).  They came together really quickly after that!

I was so glad to hear that Anthea was happy with her gifts!  As soon as I got her information from Cheryl, I sat down and read through her entire blog with a pen & pad of paper next to me so I could jot down some ideas of what she liked ... turns out our tastes are pretty similar, especially when it comes to designers!!

Well, one more swap down this year ... now to figure out what to make my Santa Sack Swap partner over the coming months in between finishing off and beginning some other lovelies :)

8 comments:

Fiona said...

how cute are those ornies yoiu recieved and I love al the gifts yoiu made too...
Hugz

Cheryll said...

OMG... those ornies are GORGEOUS!!!
Even that word doesn't describe them adequately.Also your gifts were wonderful too. Well done Larissa... and enjoy Christmas in July! :)

Jeanette said...

Those ornies are stunning. Just WOW. Love what you made Anthea. Hugs,xx

creations.1 said...

oh So Beautiful Christmas ornies. heirlooms for years to come!!

Maria said...

OMGodness what fabulous Bead Ornament's and you also made beautiful gifts for Anthea...

Anthea said...

Hi Larissa... can you please pick up my jaw off the floor!! The ornaments are absolutely stunning, what a lot of work & skill in making them, precious indeed!
I am going to leave my gifts from you out for a while, just to admire them & appreciate them... It's been lovely to make a new bloggy friend x

Carol said...

Such lovely gifts you received and the ones you sent.

Sisbabestitches said...

Oh beautiful work, nothing like pressure though :) Your handmades turned out so well and on time, well done. Gosh the beaded ornaments are superb :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...