Sunday 22 April 2012

April FNSI results

Well, despite my plans to write this post yesterday ... obviously that didn't happen, lol!

... Started this big long post ... lets try to shorten it, lol!

My day consisted of taking DD to the local indoor playground for much of the day ... coming home to vacuum and mop floors ... get DD ready and in bed ... and then begin my FNSI while watching a movie with my sister and Mum ... 'Men in Black' on BlueRay!!  LOL, really, I don't much see the difference!!! ... Oh, later I also put on season 6 of Criminal Minds - a favourite series of mine that I can watch over and over again!!

This FNSI, I was going to work on sewing down the binding on the AHQ quilt, but I decided to do something 'fun' ... some Vignette stitching!!


In actual fact, I reduced the pattern to 65% of the original size, and I have drawn it on a 10in square of Kona white.  I also added parlay on the back ... something I am trying out; it's a little lighter than the parlan I normally use.

I did start working on the butterflies the night before ... after I drew up the stitchery ... so Friday night I got to work on the teal flowers (just the circles, not the dots inside) and the leaves for the 'fuller' flowers.

Check out my late night visitor ...

So pretty!!!

I did get some more stitching done yesterday on this too ... Some circle centres (orange & yellow satin stitch) and beginning the red flowers ...


I am going to use this on an, unfortunately late, swap item.  I want to get this item done and sent by mid-week.

I have been working on sewing down the binding on the AHQ quilt today, and hope to either have this finished tonight, or tomorrow ... depends on whether my urge to go back to Vignette is strong enough, lol!  Better go back to my Criminal Minds ... DD is off with my sister at the neighbours' atm, so I am taking the opportunity as much as I can!!  Have a great week!!

** In case anyone is interested ... I was playing around with 'Picture Collage Maker' (Apple app) to make the collages ... First time I've tried it out, and I'm a pretty impressed!  I am currently using the 'lite'/free version atm, and might look at getting the paid version ... Once I got a feel for it, it was quite quick to put these pages together!

8 comments:

Susan said...

Your photos look great- I might need to investigate that program! Your stitching is lovely!

Narelle said...

Your orange and teal colours look great together.
Happy stitching :)

Anonymous said...

lovely stitching Larissa,love the colours.xx

Fiona said...

Such lovely lovely stitcheries... will be a fantastic gift.... your pictures look great set up that way.... well done...
Hugz

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Thanks for the tip. I am installing it now. =)

Your stitchings look wonderful. =)

Kat said...

Beautiful stitching! I love the "visitor" who showed up -- blends right in with that pattern!

Josie said...

Your Vignette is looking gorgeous. Your colours are so vibrant.. I love them to bits. Beautiful stitching by the way ;o)
I'm a Criminal Minds fan too and as for Blue Ray... I can't tell the difference either! Mac says it's because we're getting older... rats to that! ;o))

Cheryll said...

Your stitching is beautiful Larissa~ no matter how long we wait to see it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...